Over the past few weeks we have had a few PC’s in our office experience the following Blue Screens randomly. All laptops were HP’s
When Windows crashes it stores a memorydump in the C:\Windows\Winidump folder. Checking the memory dumps with Bluescreen view shows the file ipeaklwf.sys as being the cause.
The ipeaklwf.sys is created by HP Velocity which is software preloaded on HP laptops and not needed. After uninstalling HP Velocity laptops stopped Blue Screening.
- Download and install BlueScreenView from the Nirsoft website – https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html. (This software will analyze the memory dumps to shows what files caused the crash)
- Install BlueScreenView and then open the files in C:\Windows\Minidump to check the memory dumps. Make sure the cause is ipeaklwf.sys as per image above
- If ipeaklwf.sys is the cause open Programs and Features (press the Windows + R key on your keyboard and type in appwiz.cpl and click Ok).
- Locate HP Velocity and Highlight it
- Click Uninstall
- Click Uninstall to remove HP Velocity software