We have a number of HP Elitebook’s in our organisation that have developed a problem where the cellular data device is not detected after installing Windows updates.
Rebooting and/or uninstalling and reinstalling any version of the drivers does not resolve the issue.
The easiest way we have found to get the cellular data working again is to install the HP support Assistant and update the BIOS.
- Download the HP Support Assistant from here
- Install the Support Assistant and open
- HP Support Assistant will locate your system automatically
- Click on Updated and the Support Assistant will scan for any available updates
- Untick all detected updates except the BIOS update and click Download and Install
- Select default options and choose Update
- Restart the laptop and cellular adapter will be detected again