One of the features I liked most in previous versions of Windows was the quick launch feature. It didn’t take up much realestate on the taskbar and the pinned programs were static whether they were open or not. The steps below will show you how to enable it in Windows 10
- Right click on the Taskbar and go to the Toolbars menu and select New Toolbar
- When the choose a folder window opens. Copy and paste the following text into the folder field and click on the Select Folder button.
%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
- The Quick Launch toolbar will now be visible on the taskbar. It can be moved to the left or right side of the taskbar by clicking on the 2 vertical lines and dragging to either side.
- To have the Quick Launch just show the program icons right click on the Quick Launch toolbar and untick Show Text and Show Title
- The Quick Launch toolbar is now configured