Sometimes you will need to connect to a wireless network but do not have access to the WiFi password. If you find yourself in this situation and there are existing Windows devices already connected to the wireless network you can use the steps below to find the password from one of those machines
- On a machine that is already connected to the WiFi network press the Windows key + R key on the keyboard to open the Run command
- Type ncpa.cpl and click Ok
- When the Network Connection window opens locate the Wireless network adapter and right click on it and select Status
- The WiFi status window will now open
- Click on the Wireless Properties button and then click on the Security tab
- On the Security tab tick the box that says Show Characters. You will now see the wireless password in the Network Security Key field.