Intune can be used to distribute Win32 Applications to end user devices. In order to deploy these applications, the installer files will need to be “wrapped” into an Intune format.
Microsoft supplies a small application (Microsoft Win32 Content Prep Tool) that is used to bundle all required application install files into a single .intunewin file which can then be uploaded to Intune to create App install packages.
The guide below runs through how to download and run the Microsoft Win32 Content Prep Tool to create an Intune Win32 App package (In this example we are creating a package for LifeSize).
- Download and install the Microsoft Win32 Content Prep Tool from here – https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2065730
- Create the following folders on a local machine
- Extract the contents of the Microsoft Win32 Content Prep Tool download above to C:\IntuneApp
- Download the installer file for the program you would like to create an Intune Win32 App for and store in C:\IntuneAppInput (For example LifeSizeSetup.exe)
- Open a command prompt (As admin)
- Enter the command C:\IntuneApp\IntuneWinAppUtil.exe and fill out the following
- Source Folder: C:\IntuneAppInput
- Setup File: The name of the .exe or .msi you downloaded in steps above
- Output Folder: D:\IntuneAppOutput
- Catalog Folder: N
- The IntuneApp utility will now build the package and save the *.intunewin file to C:\IntuneAppOutput
- You can now upload the .intunewin file to Intune and create the required installer.