One of the most handy menu options when managing files is the ability to right click on a file and send to another location (e.g desktop). However sometimes the available options can go missing from this menu or you may like to add some custom options.
Follow the steps below to edit the available locations in the Send To menu
- Open the SendTo folder (press the Windows + R key on your keyboard and type in shell:sendto and click Ok). You can also navigate to the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo folder
- Here you will see the locations that show up in the SendTo menu option. As you can see in this example we are missing a lot of options and only have Bluetooth available
- Copy any locations you would like would like to be available in the Send To menu into this folder. This is done by dragging and dropping (e.g Pictures, Music).
- I find it easiest to locate the desired location on the left hand side of the Explorer window and then drag/drop to the Send To folder.
- Once the location has been copied to the Send To folder you can rename it to anything you like
- You can now test and any locations you copied to the Send To folder will be available