After installing Microsoft Teams the Outlook Add-in fails to load even after making sure it is enabled in the Outlook COM Add-ins. I have used the fix below a number of times and it fixes the issue every time.
Before running the command you will need to find the location of the Teams Addin Files
- Open File Explorer
- Enable Hidden files (tick the box)
- Navigate to the following location and make a note of the username folder and version number folder (select the most recent version). We will need these for the step below
- Quit Teams
- Quit Outlook
- Open an elevated command prompt(Click start menu and type in CMD and right click and select Run As Administrator)
- and run the following command replacing USERNAME with the users username and VERNUMBER with the version number installed on that machine
- Open Teams
- Then open Outlook
- When selecting Calendar you will now see Teams as an available Addin
This worked great. Thank you!!